Forest bathing, or Shinrin yoku (forest bath), as it is called in Japan where it originates, is an activity of deep connection with Nature in a dimension of slowness, awareness and relationship with the forest, with the aim of relaxing the mind and unloading the emotional load that accompanies us in our daily lives.
This experience proposes a sequence of very practical exercises, in which the participants will be stimulated to savor the gifts that the forest organism offers us (colours, shapes, smells, tactile sensations) through the use of the main senses (sight, hearing, smell , touch and taste), thus favoring a particular and unique connection with the present moment.
Various scientific studies have shown that a professionally guided forest bathing experience has a number of benefits:
- Train your heart
- Lowers stress levels by counteracting the action of cortisol
- Reduces blood pressure
- Stimulates the response of the immune system
- Relax the body and clear the mind
- Accelerates healing processes
- Fights depression
- Increase good mood
- It has an energizing effect
- Help problem-solving
- Stimulates the connection with oneself and the sense of belonging to nature
- Fights insomnia
- Improves the ability to concentrate and mental clarity
- Wake up your metabolism
- It helps to increase the flow of energy, the sense of well-being and vitality
Stop and breathe deeply. Notice where you are. Probe the sphere of the heart, explore the energy of your deepest BEING. Direct your breath there and tune into your tender heart. (M. Amos Clifford)
Discover this new experience with Ursus Adventures.